The Protect to Enable Webinar Series
Based on Malcolm Harkins’ book, Managing Risk and Information Security: Protect to Enable, the “Protect to Enable” webinar series is designed to provide management with a blueprint for building an effective organization-wide security posture. The series will begin with identifying organizational requirements for building a security program, and progress through understanding advanced threats and how to combat them with emerging technologies, then conclude with corporate responsibility and the role of the CISO.
According to Harkins, everyone, from corporate executives to security practitioners, shares responsibility for security and privacy. “No matter what motivates us, thoughtfully building systems to support a culture of genuine responsibility for security and privacy is not only good corporate responsibility, it is also good for business.”
Webinar attendees can earn CPE credits.
Webinar attendees will learn:
- How enterprise risk and security requirements are changing, and why a new approach to risk and security management is needed
- How different people perceive risk within an organization and the effects those perceptions have on information security
- Why different perceptions of risk within an organization matter, and why it is necessary to understand and reconcile these views
- How to apply the principles of enterprise information security governance and decision-making, and engage with the various stakeholders in your organization
- How new technologies impact information security, and ways to safely integrate these technologies to improve your security posture
- How new technologies can reduce costs and risk in a resource constrained environment